Re: Translation of swedish site

I think this swedish news  is also in this Times article

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Norway-Prehistoric- Reptiles.html

On Dec 5, 2007, at 10:10 AM, Andreas Johansson wrote:

On Dec 5, 2007 4:06 PM, Richard W. Travsky <rtravsky@uwyo.edu> wrote:

I though babelfish had a Swedish option

I translated it for Vincent, I guess I might just as well post it to the list too for anyone interested:

New Dinosaur Found on Svalbard

Oslo. A group of Norwegian paleontologists, that is scientists who
work with extinct plants and animals, have found the remains of yet
another primeval monster under the granite mountaints of Svalbard.

This summer a pliosaurus, a carnivorous marine reptile with an almost
two meter long head, was excavated below the Knorringfjället [a
mountain] and now another lizard of the same type has been found only
a kilometer away. An even bigger find, also a pliosaurus, was
discovered by a similar expedition last year.

The scientist Jörn H Hurum is enthusiastic because it is believed to
be a pliosaurus species not previously described.

Pliosaurus is considered the greatest carnivore that ever lived. It
was a crocodile-like monster big as a long-distance bus and with long
fangs that would make any alligator jealous. The animal lived in the
water and fed on ichthyosaurs and pterosaurs.

- This is big, very big, Hurum says to the newspaper Bergens Tidende.
He adds that the warmer climate has made it easier to dig out this
kind of finds.

Now the bone pieces that have been found shall be put together and
towards the spring the find will be presented at a press conference.

--
Andreas Johansson