RE: The New Papers Before Christmas

David Marjanovic wrote:

>> Agnolin, F.L. 2007. Brontornis burmeisteri Moreno & Mercerat, un
>> Anseriformes (Aves) gigante del Mioceno Medio de Patagonia, Argentina.
>> Revista del Museo Argentino de Ciencias Naturales, n.s. 9(1):15-25.
>
> What? An anseriform?!?

According to Agnolin, yes.  _Brontornis_ is regarded as a basal anseriform,
along with dromornithids and _Diatryma_.  _Diatryma_, _Brontornis_ and
Dromornithidae come out as successive outgroups between Galliformes and
Anseres.  Phorusrhacids are even more basal, outside Galloanseres.

I found the paper here:

http://www.macn.secyt.gov.ar/cont_Publicaciones/Rns-Vol09-1_15-25.pdf

Cheers

Tim

Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate.  Join in.