sad news

With great sadness I pass along the following message, which I received earlier
today.

I never met Robin Reid, but I enjoyed his work, and my association with him.

It is with regret that I inform you of the death of Robin Reid.  He collapsed
on his way home in Amersham on 5th November and died peacefully in Stoke
Mandeville Hospital on 28th November.

Your letter of 14th November was found at his house unopened by his neighbours
who with us are looking after his interests.  Let us hope this last work is
published.

His funeral is at the Chiltern Crematorium, Amersham on Monday, 17th December
at 1.00 pm.

We should be grateful if you could pass on this news to anyone else you know
who knew him and/or let us have a note their names and addresses.  We would be
happy to be contacted by anyone wanting further information.

I write as a long term friend.

Sincerely,

Julian Webster

The Chase