Re: Robin Reid - A Tribute

I am passing this tribute to Robin Reid on to the lists on behalf of Anusuya
Chinsamy-Turan, a former student of Prof. Reid. - Patti Kane-Vanni

Iâve just heard the sad news about Robin Reid.   Although Robin came to
dinosaur palaeobiology late in his life- he has left us a wonderful legacy of
inspiring research that will no doubt stimulate many generations of
researchers.
I have known Robin for many years - first as a superb scientist whose well
written articles on dinosaur bone microstructure first engaged and captured my
interest.  Later, when I met Robin, he proved to be a warm, caring person, who
was an exceptional mentor and teacher â always willing to share his knowledge
and expertise.  He later became a wonderful colleague and a dear friend.   I
will certainly miss receiving his characteristic long type-written and/or
flowing handwritten letters.
 I will miss hearing his excitement about a novel histological feature or a
fresh idea about dinosaur biology.  I will miss him dearly- indeed, I already
do.

Prof. Anusuya Chinsamy-Turan, University of Cape Town, South Africa