RE: The iguanodont paper

--- Tim Williams <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com>
schrieb:

> Eike wrote:
>
> > I would go as far as to say that from the point of
> > evolutionary ecology, *most* paraphyletic groups
> are
> > interesting.
>
> Unfortunately, paraphyletic groups can also be
> highly misleading.

Exactly. Hence the desire (or need if you will) for a
distinctive orthography.

With this, it can be left to evolve - interesting
paraphyletic "taxa" may stick around but be written so
as to be conceptually recognizable as non-clades, and
uninteresting ones will die out.

Eike

      Heute schon einen Blick in die Zukunft von E-Mails wagen?
www.yahoo.de/mail