Re: Why did small dinos become extinct?

I'm rather disappointed at the lack of response to my original question - is there a decent explanation for the extinction of small non-flying predatory dinosaurs (including those which are regarded by some as secondarily flightless birds)? The "standard theory" of the K-T extinction is that a catastrophe killed off vegetation, the herbivores starved and so the carnivores starved. But one would expect that small non-flying predatory dinosaurs could have survived by preying on lizards, invertebrates, mammals, etc. which survived the K-T extinction.

David Marjanovic wrote:
As far as we currently know, there were no burrowing
predatory dinosaurs ever.

Recently reported:

No. This is yet another report of *Oryctodromeus*.