New species in Palaeontologia Electronica

I'm told my earlier messages got truncated again. Here
is my last try (New and Improved: Now with links!) and
then I'll go back to lurking!
The new issue of Palaeontologia Electronica (December
2007 -- ISSN: 1094-8074, web version; 1532-3056,
CD-ROM; 1935-3952, print.) has been published. It
features several great book reviews (including Michael
Everhart's "Sea Monsters") and a variety of
interesting papers.
One of the papers is a new species of Cladocyclus. The
paper has some good information about the Cretaceous
Kem Kem beds(home of Spinosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus,
Here's the abstract:
A species of ichthyodectiform fish, Cladocyclus
pankowskii sp.nov. is described based on a single
well-preserved braincase specimen from the Cenomanian
Kem Kem beds of southern Morocco. It differs from the
type species, C. gardneri, in the proportions of the
skull roof. The presence of a species of Cladocyclus
in Morocco adds yet another vicariant  taxon shared
between Brazil and Africa in the mid-Cretaceous, when
Africa was separating from South America during the
formation of the South Atlantic.

The newly published paper on Cladocyclus pankowskii is
at http://palaeo-electronica.org/2007_3/133/index.html

The Sea Monsters review is at

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.