RE: "Restless Planet" or to gild your Titanic deckchair

Steve Walsh writes:
Will alien paleontologists chuckle on the paradox of the proceeds of
our species' demise being used to "resurrect" long dead ones?

It is becoming clear that ancient organisms plotted our demise eons ago.
They lived and they died in great numbers, content in the prediction that
one day we humans would eagerly gobble up the oil their corpses would
become.  Even now many of us are naïve to collapse of the biosphere and the
rising of the waters.  It is only a matter of time before the denizens of
the water worlds rule once more.  It is they who shall have the last laugh.
And we humans, for all our trials and accomplishments, will not be around to
hear it.

Dino Guy Ralph
Dinosaur and Fossil Education
Member of the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology

Favorite transitional fossil: "cdesign proponentsists"