Re: A really, really, really, really stupid idea. Really.

David Marjanovic writes:

I cannot believe that grown up scientists would propose that micro blast
debris was gouging bones and skin.

They don't propose, they observe that one of the bisons has bone growth over the pieces of extraterrestrial metal. It survived the impact.

I wonder whether human hunters ever made arrow points from meteorite fragments? That might explain how they got jammed into a living bison hard enough to penetrate bone.

Of course that wouldn't explain the long-dead mammoth tusks - unless humans were battling some sort of ancient undead mammoth-lich. :)

Dann Pigdon
GIS / Archaeologist              geo cities.com/dannsdinosaurs
Melbourne, Australia             heretichides.soffiles.com