Re: The Water Horse

I think, if anything, it's based on Nessiteras
rhombopteryx, which is basically a murky splodge on a
photo that the authors of that description claim might
be the Loch Ness Monster.

AFAIK, no plesiosaur had horns, but just watch as I'm
proven wrong...

Simon

--- Ian Paulsen <birdbooker@zipcon.net> wrote:

> HI:
>  I was watching the trailer for: The Water Horse and
> was wondering if
> there was any species of real Plesiosaur that
> resembled the creature in
> the movie?
>
> --
>
> Ian Paulsen
> Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
> A.K.A.: "Birdbooker"
> "Rallidae all the way!"

Find out about the dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight at
       DinoWight- the Dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight
                 http://www.dinowight.co.uk

             Or Join the DinoWight ONLINE group
         http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DinoWightONLINE/

           Or, if you can speak french, buy my book!
http://www.amazon.fr/p%C3%AAche-du-Baryonyx-Simon-Clabby/dp/221107944X/sr=8-2/qid=1163539406/ref=sr_1_2/171-5562795-4006621?ie=UTF8&s=books

                 Failing that, read my blog
              Bizarre Ideas and Odd Connections
                http://smclabby.blogspot.com/

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good
http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/