Re: The Water Horse

I think, if anything, it's based on Nessiteras
rhombopteryx, which is basically a murky splodge on a
photo that the authors of that description claim might
be the Loch Ness Monster.

AFAIK, no plesiosaur had horns, but just watch as I'm
proven wrong...

--- Ian Paulsen <birdbooker@zipcon.net> wrote:

> HI:
>  I was watching the trailer for: The Water Horse and
> was wondering if
> there was any species of real Plesiosaur that
> resembled the creature in
> the movie?
> --
> Ian Paulsen
> Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
> A.K.A.: "Birdbooker"
> "Rallidae all the way!"

Find out about the dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight at
       DinoWight- the Dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight

             Or Join the DinoWight ONLINE group

           Or, if you can speak french, buy my book!

                 Failing that, read my blog
              Bizarre Ideas and Odd Connections

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good