OTTAWA: Fossil fascination -- Brusatte researches new breed of meat-eater

OTTAWA: Fossil fascination -- Brusatte researches new breed of meat-eater
12/28/2007, 2:33 pm Comment on this story HOLLIE SMITH,
hollies@mywebtimes.com, 815-431-4063

Steve Brusatte's fascination with dinosaurs began in high school.
"For me, it is something that I think a lot of people pick up when they're
very young," he said. "Mine came out a bit later. It was something that I
was starting to read a lot more aboutÉ It really sparked my interest."
Now the 23-year-old paleobiologist -- a 2002 Ottawa Township High School
graduate -- is a graduate student at the University of Bristol in the United
Kingdom. He's also been busy fielding interviews with some of the biggest
names in journalism after spending a year researching a previously unknown
breed of meat-eating dinosaur, Carcharodontosaurus iguidensis.
"It was very demandingÉ there were three days basically where I was 'on
call,'" he said. "I did something like seven or eight different BBC
interviews for TV and radio. I got to do quite a few interviews; it was
really an incredible whirlwind."
One thing Brusatte said helped him deal with all of the media attention was
his experience working with journalists at The Times, which he did over
summer vacations ...
http://mywebtimes.com/ottnews/archives/ottawa/display.php?id=350801

CyberDefender has scanned this email for potential threats.
Version 2.0 / Build 3.03.16.00
Get free PC security at www.cyberdefender.com