RE: Evolution of tyrannosauroid bite power

Don Ohmes wrote:

> I'm sorry; I should have written "tyrannosaurids" instead of "theropods".
> "Theropods" does cast
> the net a little wide ... my mistake.

No problem.  Even here, in the Tyrannosauridae, I think the situation is more
complicated.  For example, _Dryptosaurus_ (a late-surviving basal tyrannosaur)
was fairly large, but its forelimbs were not nearly as reduced as those of
derived tyrannosaurids.  Among tyrannosaurs, the highly abbreviated forelimbs
appears to be restricted to the latter clade, which took this trend to the
extreme.

Cheers

Tim