Re: Evolution of tyrannosauroid bite power

Heh. If your arms were only 15 cm long, I would think "12 lbs" was pretty good.
I would also think that you were still finding them useful for something, even
if I didn't know what it was.

The numbers you mention ain't bad for a one meter arm ... no matter what it is
attached to.

So, the first question is, "why were the arms so little (1m)?" The second
question is, "why were they still useful (ie, not vestigial)?" The third
question "If they were useful, why weren't they bigger?"

Re-allocation of mass is what answers all three questions. The load had to be
lightened somehow, and the arms were what could be spared, due to lifestyle.
Just a cartoon, though, not currently testable (I think), other than with
logic. Ask me what the arms were useful for, I promise a fuzzy answer neither
critically involving, nor totally eliminating, predation. Getting up comes to
mind ...

Don