Re: Livezey and Zusi's big bird morph analysis [...]

leptomosomatids

That's what the name would be if there were a *Leptosoma*. But, for reasons I cannot fathom, the genus is *Leptosomus*, and therefore the family is Leptosomidae.

A very suspect result I do want to point out is pigeons and parrots being sistergroups. An old and then popular idea, but generally discarded these days. I believe we've had a thread devoted to this in the past.

Yes.