Re: [...] Archaeopteryx 10

--- David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>
schrieb:

> > I happen to have Lambrecht's Handbuch around, and
> he
> > mixes up the dates and to make the lapsus
> "Siemensi".
> > It seems that the reference for Archaeornis is
> either
> > Dames 1884, or Petronievics 1923, or (possibly)
> > Petronievics & Woodward 1917.
>
> The new paper says "*Archaeornis siemensii* Dames,
> 1897" in the 2nd sentence
> of the abstract.

Mine has Archaeopteryx ;-) :
"The almost complete and well-preserved skeleton is
assigned to Archaeopteryx siemensii Dames, 1897 and
provides significant new information on the osteology
of the Archaeopterygidae."
which concurs with your evaluation of Lambrecht's
diagnosis.

W. Dames (1897) "Über Brustbein, Schulter und
Beckengürtel des Archaeopteryx." Paläontol. Abh.
???5???: 818-834
(ex Lambrecht 1933)

Eike