Re: Pterodactylus kochi

Quoting Dinosaur George <dinoworld@msn.com>:

Can anyone give me the proper pronunciation of the word "kochi"? I have heard it pronounced two different ways.

I assume the last name "Koch" should be pronounced as in German (ch = voiceless velar fricative as at the end of "Bach" or "loch"). The ending -i can be pronounced according to its Latin value (IPA [i]/"ee" as in "bee") or like English "eye", according to your preference.

--
Nick Pharris
Department of Linguistics

"Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    --Edwin H. Land