Fw: Livezey and Zusi's big bird morph analysis [...]

Oh, so I inadvertently _did_ forward the following to the list. Apologies all around. :-]

----- Original Message -----
From: <gerarus@westnet.com.au>
To: <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 7:03 AM
Subject: Re: Livezey and Zusi's big bird morph analysis [...]

That's what the name would be if there were a *Leptosoma*. But, for
reasons I cannot fathom, >the genus is *Leptosomus*, and therefore
the family is Leptosomidae.

FWIW, _Leptosoma_ is a genus of nematodes, and Leptosomatidae the
family it belongs to. I believe that there was an ICZN decision at
some point to sort out _Leptosomus_ vs. _Leptosoma_, but I don't know
the decision number.

   Cheers,

Christopher Taylor