Bird behavior, vision

LISTERS --

Go here for a series of amazing photos of a heron capturing a gopher.
I'm not accustomed to seeing herons hunt rodents, much less rodents of
unusual size! Also, check out the way the prey has been speared .

http://www.pbase.com/rbfresno/hunting_heron

Go here for a photo of a heron's eyes and surprising binocular (or
near-binocular) vision (scroll down).

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=22013283

Food for thought: Do any of the non-avian dinosaurs or early birds have
orbits that might permit this kind of downcast binocular vision? (I have
lots of questions about how dinosaur eyes may have been positioned but
I'll stick to this one question for now.)

-- DONNA BRAGINETZ