Re: Bird behavior, vision

A photographer at Blackwater refuge in Maryland (Eastern Shore) captured a series of photographs of Ardea herodias capturing and swallowing a subadult muskrat somewhat larger (qualitatively) than the gopher. Rare as well, of course, but at least one other example of a similar predation event.

Cheers,

--Mike H.