From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
wwahl2@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, 20 February 2007 5:27 AM
To: ktdykes@arcor.de; david.marjanovic@gmx.at
Cc: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Albertaceratops (simpson's bi-annual b*tch about dino naming)

Truly taxonomic names named after places have advantages. It might interest
locals into helping professionals with our science. Is there a little chest
beating by the inhabitants of the Province of Alberta..
ehh maybe. Such effort is warranted even if one more student is coaxed into
the sciences. Even tapping into the myths and legends of the local Native
Canadians would have its advantages, perhaps not now but who's to say about
the next generation. Heaven forbid we try to inspire

Thanks, Bill Wahl

Paleontologist/Preparation Lab Manager. The guy that works on all the
non-dinosaur stuff.
The OSHA approved cleaner of the lab refrigerator. Official wasp nest
remover.
307-864-2997-or 2979
Wyoming Dinosaur Center
110 Carter Ranch Road Thermopolis, Wyoming. 82443

"I calculated the odds of success vs I was doing something extremely stupid
and went ahead anyway." Crow T. Robot, MST 3000.

"