RE: Gastric stones of dinosaurs were not for milling food !

The ecology / behavior literature has a great deal of data out there, at
least on bite rate in animals. Although this isn't part of chewing, "bite
rate" (in terms of number of bites per minute or some such measure) is a
pretty common variable in studies of primates, ungulates, elephants, etc.

One relevant citation would be:

Lisa A. Shipley, John E. Gross, Donald E. Spalinger, N. Thompson Hobbs, and
Bruce A. Wunder. 1994. The Scaling of Intake Rate in Mammalian Herbivores.
The American Naturalist 143(6):1055-1082.

You can probably find many others just by querying Google Scholar, or some
other search engine.

Andy