Re: More on Argentavis

We do have plenty more to learn. But the laws of aerodynamics were well enough known at the time to give a good description of the physics of bumblebee flight.
JimC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dann Pigdon" <dannj@alphalink.com.au>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: More on Argentavis

Mark Hallett writes:
perhaps I'm remembering this
incorrectly or incompletely, but wasn't there an
aeronautics engineer who stated many years ago that
according to the laws of flight dynamics, a bumblebee
should in theory be incapable of flight?

According to the incompletly known laws at the time. We now know more about aerodynamics - and no doubt have plenty more to learn.