Re: dino quiz

Oh, that's marvellous - since they acknowledged its status as one of
the tallest and gave credit to its considerable length, I wonder how
wide they must've thought it was in order to make sense of that
lightness - Method of locomotion: turn sideways and drift like a
terrestrial yacht :P

On 7/13/07, David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:
> I think they meant 70 tons not 7 and the answer they are looking for is
> the Brachiosaurus.  I called and e-mailed the station and they informed me
> in no uncertain terms that they had double and triple checked their facts
> and that I was mistaken not them.  After all I've only written one book on
> dinosaurs and they are a news television station.

The stupid! It burns!

That said, 70 is close to the upper extreme of published estimates. Try half
that for a realistic number.

7 tons, on the other hand, is equivalent to a reasonably large bull
elephant...