Charles R. Knight Stegosaurus Sculpture

I just found these images of  a copy of Knight's Stegosaurus model for the
American Museum of Natural History.  Images of his many sculptures are
unfortunately very rare so this is a treat.  The closeup of the anterior region
is
especially excellent. Note the bony  cuirass around the throat. If the 1899
date
is correct, Knight modeled another  version for the Smithsonian several years
later. The second version is on a flat  surface and, in at least one variation
at the Academy of Natural Sciences in  Philadelphia, the spikes are nearly
horizontal. Like images of Dimetrodon and  Triceratops, Stegosaurus was being
revised numerous times in this period.  DV

http://www.geocities.jp/araki_dinoshop/image/collection/knightst.htm

Here's the Smithsonian model:

http://www.nps.gov/history/history/online_books/romo/lee/lee/images/plate4.jpg

And here are earlier Knight images in sequential order (I  believe):

http://www.copyrightexpired.com/earlyimage/stegosaurus_century_1904_knight_195
3.gif

http://www.copyrightexpired.com/earlyimage/stegosaurus_harpers_1897_knight_195
3.gif