Re: W. D. Matthew's _Dinosaurs_

Dan, In Fig. 15 of the publication, we see a model of
two T. rex skeletons fighting over a carcass. Do you
or anyone else on the List know why the AMNH never
went through with this? Possibly because of a
prejudice (or the cost and difficulties) against
fabricating a second skeleton from the
original/reconstructed bones? Disregarding the then
unknown postural inaccuracies, this would have been an
awesome display. --Mark

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/19302/19302-h/19302-h.htm