Re: W. D. Matthew's _Dinosaurs_

In a message dated 7/16/2007 12:51:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
marksabercat@yahoo.com writes:

<< Do you
or anyone else on the List know why the AMNH  never
went through with this? >>

Unfortunately, the AMNH Paleo website is down and  they have the story of the
Tyrannosaurus skeletons. If I remember correctly, it  was a question of room,
but I'm not sure about it. But one thing you have to  remember is that they
actually made half of the group. The old-pose of 5027 WAS  the rearing figure
on the right in the model shots. The battle concept lived on  in Knight's
illustrations for National Geographic and _Life Through The Ages_ .  It would
have
been the greatest of all dinosaur mounts had it been completed.  You can
access the original article here:

http://digitallibrary.amnh.org/dspace/handle/2246/1735

DV