Coelacanths and dodos

LISTERS --

Undoubtedly due to an extra-lively imagination, I have a vivid memory of
seeing a coelacanth in an aquarium in California (San Francisco?) when I
was a little kid, so we're talking mid to late 1950s. There was no such
thing, right? Have living coelacanths ever been been on display to the public?

I also have a strong memory of seeing a "stuffed" dodo on display in, I
think, a lighthouse (it may have been a gift shop built to look like a
lighthouse). This was probably during the same trip to the San Francisco
area. Does anyone recall such a thing? (Maybe I misidentified some
common large seabird with a thick bill.)

-- DONNA BRAGINETZ