Re: Revelation of the New Papers

> Dutta, D. and Ambwani, K. (2007).  Capers: A food
> for Upper Cretaceous
> dinosaurs of Pisdura, India.  Current Science
> (Bangalore) 92 : 897-899.

*snip*

> Occurrence of chelonians has
> been reported from the Lameta Formation of Pisdura.
> It is likely that other
> carnivorous reptiles also must have been thriving in
> the same phytozones."

Why are the chelonians automatically assumed to be
predaceous? If they found ophidians in that locality,
then I could understand the assumption, but extant
herbivorous chelonians aren't exactly rare now. I
doubt they were back then too.

Hopefully the paper goes into more detail on their
reasoning.

Jason

Never miss an email again!