Re: Refurbished Berlin Brachiosaurus Mount

Colin McHenry writes:
 > > By the way, I find it hard to think of many extant critters that can't
 > > elevate their necks more than one sixth of shoulder height above the
 > > shoulder.
 >
 > That's other than 6,000,000,000 *Homo sapiens*, right? :-)

We don't count.  We're weird.

:-)

Actually, my claim was bobbins.  There are plenty of familiar animals
with necks just too short to raise them much more than a sixth of
shoulder height: dogs and cats are obvious examples.  What I should
have said is "hard to think of many extant _herbivores_".

)_v__/\  "Scientists nearly all the time [...] have the assumption that
         all religion is silly superstition.  That all religious belief
         is stuff you've got to cure yourself of, get rid of, if you're
         going to be a good scientist.  Noooooooo." -- Robert Bakker.