Re: could Cetiosaurus and Brachiosaurus swing their necks fast?

Subject: Re: could Cetiosaurus and Brachiosaurus swing their necks fast?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 00:48:07 +0100

thank you for the prompt reply.

Are you thinking predation in packs, or of small tick grooming
critters hitching a lift like the lizards that groom seals on
Galapagos?

either....if predation, though, nothing that would be immediately fatal to the sauropod (maybe the maniraptor landed on teh top instead of the bottom half of the neck)

 If the latter it makes me wonder whether sauropods could
shiver.

as long as they had muscles directly beneath the skin, I would assume they can.