Tyrannosaurus trionyches?

I have recently read a short sci-fi story titled "A Gun for Dinosaur", in which a hunting expedition travels back 85 million years to the Late Cretaceous. One of the local animals they encounter is called "Tyrannosaurus trionyches", described as a longer-limbed ancestor of T. rex. I've googled for this species, but I couldn't turn up any results other than the story itself. Was any tyrannosaurid fossil discovered actually given this name?

Get the new Windows Live Messenger! http://get.live.com/messenger/overview