Re: Did pterosaurs feed by skimming?

No problemo.

From: "Mark Witton" <Mark.Witton@port.ac.uk>
To: <trex_kid@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Did pterosaurs feed by skimming?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:02:27 +0100

Ah, sorry. I meant 'raptor' as in eagles, kites, that sort of thing. My mistake.

>>> Brandon Pilcher <trex_kid@hotmail.com> 26/07/2007 17:00 >>>
>The grasping ability of pterosaur
>feet, to my knowledge, is still understudied, but a cursory glance at
>their pedal morphology suggests their ability to grasp things,
>raptor-style, was limited.

Dromeosaurids, to the best of my knowledge, used their feet for locomotion
like all non-avian theropods, not for holding prey like falconiforms.

Check it out! Windows Live Spaces is here! http://spaces.live.com/?mkt=en-sg
It?s easy to create your own personal Web site.