RE: Did pterosaurs feed by skimming?

I have seen 'diurnal raptor' and 'nocturnal raptor' used informally for
Falconiformes and Strigiformes respectively somewhere, but yeah strictly
used for Falconiformes.
I assume the term has been used for at least a century (any rough idea when
it was first used?) seeing it's latin I assume it's an old use of the word.

I'm sure I used to know when and who started using the term for non-avian
dinosaurs, but can't recall now - was it Crichton or Bakker or someone else?