RE: Did pterosaurs feed by skimming?

I'm pretty sure it was Crichton. I would think that Bakker or any other paleontologist didn't start using it until Jurassic Park already brought it into the proper vernacular.

From: Chris Glen <s370548@student.uq.edu.au>
To: mhabib5@jhmi.edu, dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: RE: Did pterosaurs feed by skimming?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 02:34:48 +1000

I have seen 'diurnal raptor' and 'nocturnal raptor' used informally for
Falconiformes and Strigiformes respectively somewhere, but yeah strictly
used for Falconiformes.
I assume the term has been used for at least a century (any rough idea when
it was first used?) seeing it's latin I assume it's an old use of the word.

I'm sure I used to know when and who started using the term for non-avian
dinosaurs, but can't recall now - was it Crichton or Bakker or someone else?