RE: Did pterosaurs feed by skimming?

At the risk of asking a stupid question, and with the complete admission
that I have next to know understanding of pterosaur biology and am
speculating wildly....

In relation to the possibility or otherwise of swimming pterosaurs, and
the supposed inability of pterosaurs to fold the wings right into the
body as birds do, is it possible that pterosaurs on the surface of the
water may have held the wing finger bent posteriad and the forward edge
only toughing the surface? I'm basically thinking of an outrigger setup
here. Or would that require the wing to bend in directions it wouldn't
be capable of?

    Cheers,

        Christopher Taylor

Checked by AVG Free Edition.