Re: Margaret Matthew Colbert

Margaret Colbert was one of  the great pioneers of paleoart. Just last week I
was looking at her exquisite  scratchboard drawings in her husband's 1958
book, _Millions of Years Ago_. They  are classic and rate as well if not not
better than most anything you see you  see today. I wish I could post them
somewhere. She was also an excellent  sculptor. Her most famous model was the
bust of
the then newly-minted  Pachycephalosaurus, but she also did a fine
Lystrosaurus. A biography by Ann  Elliot was published in 2000, _Charming the
Bones_.
Along with Maurice Wilson,  she is one of the most unjustly underrated of our
artists. She's in the  Pantheon. DV

http://www.aol.com.