Re: The Very Very Latest Paper From 2006!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "don ohmes" <d_ohmes@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:34 PM

Elk are probably relatively far up the surface/mass ratio chart from elephants though. I'm just saying that if the LAGs disappear in both the largest dinos and the largest mammals, AND there are commonly dinos w/ well-defined LAGs that have significantly smaller surface/mass ratios than the largest (temperate or cold climate) mammals, then that is relevant to the debate about their respective thermo-regulatory systems.

But why, when horses and rhinos and cattle also have LAGs -- and don't show differences between proximal and distal limb bones?

I guess the largest mammals and dinosaurs have to grow faster and can't afford, erm, lags in their growth.