RE: My Pet Dinosaur - Re: If the asteroid had missed...

Please, we of the antipodes have too many vowels in our words already.

At 07:49 AM 15/03/2007, you wrote:
I believe that "Palaeontologist" is the standard British/Aussie, etc.
spelling

Patti Kane-Vanni
pkv1@erols.com <mailto:pkv1@erols.com> or paleopatti@hotmail.com
<mailto:paleopatti@hotmail.com>
http://groups.msn.com/DinosaurandFossilDigs
<http://groups.msn.com/DinosaurandFossilDigs>

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people
always do that, but really great ones make you feel that you too, can become
great." - Mark Twain

-----Original Message----- From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]On Behalf Of Nick Pharris Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 5:02 PM To: dinosaur@usc.edu Subject: Re: My Pet Dinosaur - Re: If the asteroid had missed...

Quoting mkirkaldy@aol.com:

> Did anyone see this program on BBC's Horizon?  "My Pet Dinosaur" is
> evidently what the news release stories were based on.  Funny review
> of the program at:

http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/lastnighttv/display.var.1256433.0.0.php

"At the other extreme was the palaeonotologist who'd been Jurassic
Park's dino-consultant."

Palaeonotologist?  Is that someone who studies ancient backs, or the
ancient south?

--
Nick Pharris
Department of Linguistics

"Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
     --Edwin H. Land

Steve Walsh
Email: steve.w@c-point.com | stevewalsh53@gmail.com
Home: 8 264 5526 | Mobile: 0422088197
"Better to light one small candle than to complain about the dark."
Outgoing mail is scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus 2006