Re: how does one...? was Re: JVP 27(1)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Williams" <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 7:33 PM
Subject: RE: how does one...? was Re: JVP 27(1)

Dear Tim and List,

> The volume in question was riddled with errors - both substantive and
> grammatical.  That was the context to my tongue-in-cheek use of the word
> "infamous".  Check the DML Archives if you're interested in more
> information.

Actually, my post was tongue-in-cheek. Yours came across as malicious.

 I could elaborate, but this could take
> up your valuable time, and I'm sure you want to get back to watching
> "American Idol".

    " American Idol " is on Sunday nights? As I have never watched the
program,
I was unaware of that.You are obviously a fan of the show, knowing it's time
slot and all. So, with that, I have a new question for you. Do the judges
really make fun of shut ins and mentally ill
people? I don't know if  I could support that.

    Ok, In all seriousness, here's my beef. Over the years, I have seen more
and more cases of
individuals in paleontology lashing out at others with opposing pov's,
making hateful, and sometimes even personal attacks.  I have become
completely burnt out on this behavior, and this is the reason I
walked away from the vertpaleo list, over a year ago. I've also been lied to
and shafted
on a few to many paleo related sculptural opportunities, as of late.
     All of this nonsense has prompted me to aggressively move beyond this
field, and into rendering different kinds of sculpture, namely modern
wildlife. I love paleontology, but there are to many mean spirited people
within it's ranks.
    FYI, I do not believe Steven Czerkas's claim in "dinosaurs of the air",
that dromaeosaurs are birds. That doesn't mean I think he should have his
name
blotted out of the science for heresy.
    This is my last post on the Dinosaur Mailing List. For those of you that
I have had the pleasure of corresponding with, these past eight years, best
of luck, in all of your future opportunities.

sincerely,

Cliff Green

http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglinemarch07