From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] On Behalf
Of Steve Walsh
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 3:45 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: how does one...? was Re: JVP 27(1)

I feel it is a mistake and unfair to write Cliff off as "defensive".
Without becoming enmeshed in the details of his issues, I suspect
there are many list members who don't contribute because they fear
sounding ignorant and have seen how the less knowledgeable can, at
times, be treated. While as Erik says this list may not be the place
to expect "earnest TLC" those who do contribute in good faith should
always be treated with courtesy and respect. It needs to be
acknowledged and acted upon that DMLers are a very diverse group of
people with different interaction styles, subject knowledge and life
circumstances. It should be catering to a wide range of people -- I
wonder if it is? It seems to me the rigor and respect brought to
discussions of organisms that have been dead for millions of years is
not consistently extended to the living.

Steve

Steve Walsh
Email: steve.w@c-point.com       |       stevewalsh53@gmail.com
Home: 8 264 5526                     |              Mobile: 0422088197
"Better to light one small candle than to complain about the dark."
Outgoing mail is scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus 2006