RE: Pangea's weather?

The interiors of continents always have more extreme weather than the coasts. Oceans act as a thermal buffer. So the interior of a mega-continent would almost certainly have even more extreme weather conditions than modern day continents. Think: central Asia.

That being said, I'd be deeply surprised if the fossil record could track seasonal changes from desert to jungle and back again in the course of a single year. I'm guessing the heart of Pangaea was probably like the midwest, only more so. Sorching summers and blizzard-y winters without a great deal of precipitation.

...but I'm just reasoning from first principles on this.

Eric
"There is no other wisdom,
And no other hope for us
But that we grow wise. -- Diane Duane