Re: Jurassic Croc Found With Fish Like Tail

Right. I would like to know more of how such a fossil skeleton would appear to ordinary observers.
Even though scales are not preserved in most cases, many of the Native American stories about water monsters refer to scales, or a lizard-like skin, or "scaly armor," and their images often include this feature. I think this is because they related the fossil to living snakes and lizards and to water creatures that they knew, fish, alligators, etc.