Re: Dinosaurs burrowed to keep warm

--- Dann Pigdon <dannj@alphalink.com.au> wrote:

> Roberto Takata writes:
>
> > Could not Oryctodromeus just be trapped inside a lair of another organism?
>
> I haven't read the paper itself, but apparently the robust forelimbs and
> structure of the jaw may be adaptations for some sort of digging activity.
> Of course, these same features would have been handy for scraping out nest
> hollows for surface-dwellers as well. I wonder whether the tails of these
> species were less stiffened than the 'average' hypsilophodontid?

Gee, i notice that scapular is particularly bent, way more so than other in
other hypsies. I
wonder how this may relate to a borrowing lifestyle.
Or is it just autopomorphic? Also, the skeletal reconstruction shows the
scapular-corocoid to be
very massive compared to the humerus + antebrachium. Isn't this the opposite of
what is expected
for a borrower?

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.