Re: Drinker and Oryctodromeus (was Re: Dinosaurs burrowed to keep warm)

At 11:30 PM -0700 3/21/07, Glen Ledingham wrote:
>As long as we're speculating, perhaps the very large
>forearms and "hands" of deinocheires and some others
>were used for digging up small burrowers.
>
>The tyrannosaurs could follow the diggers around and
>scavenge the remains.

Or the tyrannosaurs could watch the burrows and wait for a digger to start down
a burrow head first, then grab the digger rather than running risk of tripping
and breaking their skulls when chasing after prey. ;-)
--
Jeff Hecht, science & technology writer
jeff@jeffhecht.com  http://www.jeffhecht.com