Re: Dinosaurs burrowed to keep warm

(Deliberately to the list this time.)

----- Original Message -----
From: "paul sparks" <pwsparks38@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 1:05 PM

It occured to me that at least some folks think that one reason that mammals made it thru the K/T event was that they burrowed and were kept free of the fires, etc that would be part of the astroid collision. It was thus assumed that dinos did not have this activity. Yet here we are commenting of just this activity.
p sparks

Burrowing certainly helped, but it certainly wasn't enough. Ornithopods look like they depended on green plant parts and were not able to subsist on seeds and the like. When fire, acid rain, and whatnot have killed all green plant parts, we expect the ornithopods to die out.