Re: Reduced Consensus (Was: Afrotheria revisited)

Michael Mortimer writes:
 >> Would it be possible to get a DIFFERENT well-resolved tree by
 >> excluding one of the other taxa (this is something that time and
 >> computer power could check!)?
 >
 > Yes it would.

Just to be clear -- you're talking here about _a priori_ exclusion,
right?

)_v__/\  And because everyone uses unweighted characters, something as
         gross as this difference in cervical morphology is worth no more
         than, say an unobtrustive process on the lateral face of the
         distal part of pedal phalange II-2.  I tell you, it's a sick
         world out there.