Re: The Most Important Paper in the History of the Universe

Even more interestingly it was published by Warner, B. ..... any
relation to Warner Bros.????  I see a conspiracy taking shape.....

ReBecca

On 3/28/07, John Conway <john.a.conway@gmail.com> wrote:
Ian Paulsen wrote:
 > HI:
 >   Did you find next to these roadrunner-like tracks, tracks of a paleo
 > version of Wiley E. Coyote?

...funny you should mention that:

Warner, B. 2007. Early bipedal mammals: morphology and taphonomy of
Palaeocoyotus wilii. Acme Paleontology Online First. doi:
10.1007/s00564-007-0349-x.

ABSTRACT: We report the discovery of a new specimen of the Early
Cretaceous canid-like mammal _Palaeocoyotus wilii_, and it's
implications for the behaviour of Cretaceous mammals. Morphological
evidence suggests that _Palaeocoyotus_ was at least partly bipedal. The
skull and distal parts of the skeleton are particularly well preserved,
but the axial skeleton is badly crushed (under a large anvil). A pair of
strap-on pterosaur wings found in close proximity suggest rudimentary
flight capabilities.

--
ReBecca Hunt
Paleontology Research Assistant