Re: The Most Important Paper in the History of the Universe

> Warner, B. 2007. Early bipedal mammals: morphology and taphonomy of
> Palaeocoyotus wilii. Acme Paleontology Online First. doi:
> 10.1007/s00564-007-0349-x.
>
> ABSTRACT: We report the discovery of a new specimen of the Early
> Cretaceous canid-like mammal _Palaeocoyotus wilii_, and it's
> implications for the behaviour of Cretaceous mammals. Morphological
> evidence suggests that _Palaeocoyotus_ was at least partly bipedal. The
> skull and distal parts of the skeleton are particularly well preserved,
> but the axial skeleton is badly crushed (under a large anvil). A pair of
> strap-on pterosaur wings found in close proximity suggest rudimentary
> flight capabilities.

What *pterosaur* wing have to do with theflight capability of a *mammal*?

As a famous cinematic member of the phasianids (himself based on an older,
obscure character actor that I'll be nobody on this list has ever heard of)
once remarked: "It's a joke, son!"