fossil fish query

A Russian paleontologist contacted me about his discovery of a sculpted stone relief of a fish on a temple in Northern India, dating to about 1300-1600.

The tail of the fish on the relief is peculiar, with three points or fins, leading the paleontologist to wonder whether the image might represent an extinct fish species with epicaudal tail, like the coelacanth.

Do any living fish species in northern India have 3-pointed tail fins? Would a 3-pointed tail fin be obvious in a fossil fish skeleton?

If any one would like to see a jpg of this scupted fish relief and try to identify whether the image shows a living or extinct fish, please contact me off list.

Thanks in advance.