Re: New Paper

When it comes to _Amphicoelias fragillimus_, I have a rather hard time believing that something so huge could actually exist on land. As I recall, it has been thought that such an animal might be physiologically impossible. And so I was wondering: Is it more likely, perhaps, that Cope exaggerated the dimensions of his find, at the very least? He would have a good reason for doing so (outdoing Marsh) and it might be all too convenient that the vertebra was reported to be extremely fragile and thus would not be available for examination. I think there are some other people who have thought along these lines before regarding _A. fragillimus_, but I thought I'd throw this out there.
-Jamie Stearns